Baring Vostok — a leader in PRIVATE EQUITY in Russia
Baring Vostok Private Equity Funds
Six funds in 20 years
Assigned investments, $160 mln1994
FNIS RF205 mln2001
BVPEF III1100+302 mln2007
+Supplemental Fund1273+359 mln2012
Distributed dividends, $ mln
Diversified PortfolioBy sectors, %By stages, %By control level, %
Ten key investment criteria
- Strong management team with economic incentives aligned with investors and a common vision for the future.
- Straightforward, realistic and sustainable business plan.
- Barriers to entry, such as long-term licensing, established brands and high replacement cost of assets.
- Leading market position of the company in the industry, market niche or region.
- Ownership structure ensuring investors’ control over proceeds from the company’s activities.
- Potential for funds to add value to the company.
- Constructive relations with federal and local authorities.
- Clean balance sheet with limited debt, and balanced foreign currency exposure.
- Positive operating cash flow or ability to attain it within 12 months of investment.
- Reasonable entry valuation which allows the Funds to achieve a high return on capital under realistic long-term scenario.
Baring Vostok Funds Projects
BARING VOSTOK: PARTNERS VIEWS
Arkady VolozhYandex CEOBaring Vostok Fund and its professionals have become true partners and sound advisors, and we are counting on our relationship to continue for many more years!
V. ZarenkovChairman of the Board of Directors, Etalon GroupThe Baring Vostok team are professionals who know their business and are able to solve any challenges our company may face.
BARING VOSTOK FUNDS
Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund V + Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund V Supplemental Fund
Capital Committed:$1,153 million (main) + $350 million (supplemental)
Currently in investment period
Sample Investments:First Collection Burea, Orient Express Bank, KARO, Kaspi Bank, Tigers Realm Coal Limited, A5, Kolesa / Krisha, CarPrice, Gett, Mamsy, 2GIS, Doc+, BlaBlaCar.
Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund IV and Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund IV Supplemental Fund
Capital Committed: $1,102 million (main) + $302 million (supplemental)
Investment period closed
Sample Investments: Yandex, Etalon, Nostrum Oil & Ga, Volga Gas, ER-Telecom, Orient Express Bank, Eco-Dolie, Teplant, 1C, Novomet, Family Doctor, EMC, Tinkoff Bank, Ivi.ru, Avito.ru, First Collection Bureau
Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund III
Capital Committed: $413 million
Investment period closed
Samples of Investments: Yandex, CFT, Kaspi Bank, Gallery Group, Volga Gas, Enforta, Electro-com
Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund
Capital Committed: $205 million
Samples of Investments: Burren Energy, SladCo, Golden Telecom, CTC Media, Yandex, Ozon, Europlan.